A Gracious Place

Friday, May 13, 2005

Three More Days

Until we leave for Israel. This week has been a blur of preparations. Saturday we went to Frye’s Electronics and picked up some essentials like rechargeable batteries, a memory card for the camera, a digital voice recorder, and Napoleon Dynamite. Monday I had a dental apt and an eye exam. Wednesday I had another eye exam, this time they dilated my eyes, rendering me incompetent for the rest of the morning (I went to bed). Since we won’t have access to laundry facilities (other than the bathroom sink) we both had to buy extra clothes for this 24-day adventure. Yesterday we spent some time in Good Will looking for cheap clothes. Altogether we purchased ten shirts and five pairs of shorts for $60. The voltage adapters and plug adapters arrived in the mail. Today I need to pick up our prescriptions for sleep aids to help with jetlag. Thankfully, it’s been a fairly light week at work, so I’ve had time to do the pre-Israel bookwork required for the class. We have to read Beitzel, The Moody Atlas of Bible Lands and complete an eighty-eight item study guide. The reading is fascinating, and I’m getting really excited about the trip! My Aunt and Uncle arrive this evening from Indiana. They’ll be house sitting for us as Aunt Rose takes a class at that other seminary in Fort Worth. We can’t wait to see them! Well, I guess it’s time to start packing. Peace out.