A Gracious Place

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Indiana Blueberries


Indiana Blueberries
Originally uploaded by dandeelines.
Johnny went for a quick weekend trip to Indiana for my Grandma's 90th birthday, to see my new niece, Madelyn. I also got to see the new house my parents moved into. It was a lovely weekend, spending time with fam and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Two other highlights were going blueberry picking with my family and going to the local icecream joint, The Chief, with Dan's family. Both are things I've been wanting to do for quite a while. The Chief has delicious homemade lemon ice-cream that isn't the same anywhere else. And I've been wanting to go blueberry picking for years. The blueberries just aren't the same here in TX, maybe it's due to the lack of rain, but they are small and tasteless and the skin is tough. Also, who want's to go blueberry picking when it's 105 degrees outside. So, I ate my fill at the patch and smuggled some home in my suitcase. Click on this picture to see more...