A Gracious Place

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow-Covered Mittens


Snow-Covered Mittens
Originally uploaded by dandeelines.
Back from the land of Goshen...for some time now actually, but things are just now starting to get back to normal. The last couple months have been pretty crazy...Dan's broken foot, flying north by myself with two children, and the "flood of 2009" in our apartment, But we survived...

Speaking of surviving, I have taken my parenting to a whole new level of self-sacrifice and steadfastness. I have not only watched my child throw up, I have caught vomit with my bare, cupped, hands. I have been dreading the day when one of my children would throw up...it goes way back to my own childhood and my phobia of throwing up. I've always feared I would just abandon my poor sick child in their moment of desperation. But now the day has passed and I must say I wholeheartedly attended to the situation. (However, there really wasn't any place to which I could flee being wedged between two car seats in the van.) Once the adrenaline wore off I did have to pop a mint and have cold air blown in my face to ward off the nausea and anxiety, but still the fear has been met and conquered. Thought you'd like to know.