A Gracious Place

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Home Again, Home Again!

My mother has this little ditty she would say whenever we would return home from a trip, "Home Again, Home Again, Jigity-Jig!" I have no clue what it means, or where it came from, but it makes me smile, so I'm posting it. Mom, maybe you could let us all know if you made that up, or where it comes from...

Anyway, We’re back in Dallas, safe and sound. I think the return trip was easier than the departing trip. I slept better on the plane, which made the flight seem shorter. We flew over 8,000 miles and it only took about 15 hours. Incidentally, we flew Lufthansa, and were very pleased with the service. We are a bit jet-lagged, but feeling better now after a restful night in our own bed. It’s good to be home, but kind of bittersweet. We had an awesome time, and made wonderful friends. However, now we have one more hill to climb, Tell-Laundry. Also, one of our cars was broken into while we were gone, so we’ve got to get that taken care of. Thanks everyone for all your support and prayers.