A Gracious Place

Friday, September 28, 2007

Another Day, Another Milestone


Picnic
Originally uploaded by dandeelines.
Today when I went to the grocery store I decided that since Miranda has been sitting up for two weeks now, she is skilled enough to ride in the cart like a big girl. She was so dwarfed in the big cart with the safety strap under her armpits and up around her chest. Not to mention, room enough on each side for another Miranda. I hope everyone at the store was so enamored by Miranda’s cute self that they didn’t notice our ensemble was lacking the cushy, protective, shopping cart cover. These things have become so commonplace that I almost feel like a neglectful parent for not having one. When I was registering for items I figured wiping down a cart with a antibacterial wet wipe with one hand would be easier than trying to get a slip cover on the cart with one hand. And don’t germs rub off onto the cover and then get all mixed up in it when you fold it up. So, to prevent germs you would have to take it off, put it in a plastic bag and wash it after each use? That sounds way too complicated. I did wipe it off with an antibacterial wipe…we'll see if even that lasts very long. Anyway, she was just the cutest thing. I wish I had a picture of it, but for now these will have to do.