A Gracious Place

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Big Boy


Slack Jaw
Originally uploaded by dandeelines.
Welp, we've survived the first couple days totally alone, that is- me alone with two kids. It's going well. Miranda has been a champ and I'm learning how to balance/juggle the kids needs, eating, diapering, bathing, soothing...etc.

Johnny is growing up way too fast, although I must say I am looking forward to a little more sleep at night. Right now he is fast asleep by the dryer...if only I could leave that running all night, for some reason it seems to work better than a fan. My womb must sound more like a dryer. He's on a pretty consistent three hour schedule, so I really can't complain. For a newborn he's sleeping great.

Back to him growing up too fast, at his two week appointment on Monday he had gained over a pound from his discharge weight (7.5) and almost exactly a pound from his birth weight (7.11). Must be all the holiday food he's...er..I'm eating. Well, I would love to stay and chat, but I've got about a half hour till the next mealtime and then it's to bed for Johnny and me at my new bedtime- 9:00pm.