A Gracious Place

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Challenging Week

Well, this is a challenging week to say the least. Tuesday I presented our Israel power point to the Senior Adults at HBC. That is probably going to be the highlight of my week! What a joy these old saints are! So gracious, and even childlike in their simple joy. I talked for about 40 minutes, then answered their questions. Then Helen, the one who invited me to speak insisted that we sing together. So we sang three or so hymns, and it was wonderful. Old saints are full of hope. They look forward to being with Jesus, and that is refreshing. They fed us a nice meal (chicken fried chicken with gravy, green beans, coleslaw and ice tea). Wednesday morning I had a meeting, then a tough evening at work. The rest of the week I need to prepare for a busy Sunday. I’m scheduled to teach Sunday school. After church we have a class cookout, and then in the evening I’m preaching at my friend’s youth group. School hasn’t even started yet, and I feel like I’m running 100 mph! The Lord is good and He encourages us. I ordered an old, out of print CD from my childhood last week, and it came this week. It’s GLAD, The A cappella Project. I think it came out in 1988. Anyway, it’s an excellent album, a mixture of hymns and sacred songs, arranged well and sung a cappella by a male ensemble. They sing about the Gospel! The words are so good and I’m convinced that human voice can be the most beautiful sound in the world. Full of hope, very encouraging. I love it.