A Gracious Place

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Saturday Studies

I’m not sure when I finally figured it out, but I’ve learned that Saturdays must be mandatory study days in order for me to survive the course load. I usually head down to the Seminary or to a couple other hangouts I’ve discovered and spend most of the day trying to read or write. This is usually a challenge since I work late Fri evenings at the hospital and don’t get to bed until 12:30 or so. Additionally, I have to fight my 26 years of conditioning that says Saturdays are for cartoons and playing. (I’m kidding of course, Mom and Dad almost always had us working in the yard or in the house on Saturdays.) While in Israel I learned that most of the world does work six days, and that our two-day weekend is kind of unique. Even the little children in Israel go to school six days (they get Shabbat (Saturday) off). So, I guess I should probably stop procrastinating on Blogger and get to work!

Before I go, I have a quick question for my Dallasite friends. I’m looking for more places to study besides DTS. John Mark introduced me to Kaffa Coffee, which I like, but I’m looking for more options. A key element is free wireless. So, if you have any suggestions, let me know.