A Gracious Place

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Into Mercy

You know those friends that seem to do just what you need when you need it? My friend Ellen did that for me the other week. I confided in her over the phone while we were making plans to get together that I had been feeling anxious lately. When I went to pick her up she hopped in my car with a worship CD that she said thought might help me. Boy, was she right! That day I listened to it twice as I was crocheting (yes, I am a budding crochet-er). It brought me so much solace. I think I have listened to it at least once a day for the past two weeks…tee hee! So I was thinking I shouldn’t keep this great CD a secret, it may be a comfort to some of our blog friends out there. It is by a little-known artist, Amanda Lacewell and the title is “Into Mercy”. I don’t think you can find it in bookstores, but I did find it on the internet here. Here is a little “taste” of one of the songs:

A Child of God

Father you’re all I need
My soul’s sufficiency
My strength when I am weak
The love that carries me
You’re arms enfold me
Till I am only
A child of God