A Gracious Place

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pomp & Circumstance


Go Team!
Originally uploaded by dandeelines.
Saturday, I “graduated” from Dallas Theological Seminary. These ceremonies are called “commencements” because the graduates are finished with their studies and are beginning something new. In my case, however, “commencement” means beginning summer school! I have four classes to pass this summer (and the final draft of my thesis) before I really “commence” anything.

What a fun day! The ceremony took place at Prestonwood Baptist Church–a beautiful place. It was wonderful to celebrate with friends and family the beginning of the end of a lot of hard work-not only for the graduates, but particularly for spouses who worked incredibly hard to put us through. Thanks, Diedra. You worked so hard. You’re amazing! Thanks to the faculty for discipling me. Thanks to friends and family members who supported us with prayers, finances, and material goods along the way. God provided through you. Thanks also to Dad and Mom for making the trip. And thanks to everyone who sent their congratulations through cards and gifts. You’re too kind.

We don’t currently have any definite plans. Lord willing, I’ll finish up in August. We’ve signed our lease through November. I’ll work fulltime at Baylor and send out some resumes. We’ll watch, talk, and pray.